Reader’s Copies – a special YouCaxton service for writers.
What is a Reader’s Copy?
Reader’s copies are plain, white paperback books available in three standard sizes – 6 x 9 inches, 5.5 x 8.5 inches and 5.25 x 8 inches
The purpose is to allow you see your manuscript in book-format at an early stage and have friends and colleagues give you constructive feedback.
How does it work?
1. Send us your manuscript in Word format.
2. We check it and let you know if we’re able to produce a Reader’s Copy from it.
3. We convert the Word file to a print-ready PDF.
4. We add page-numbers and standard front-matter including title pages and contents.
5. We produce a standard white cover, printed with your book-title, subtitle and author-name.
6. We produce as many copies as you need.
The whole process takes about three weeks.
How much does it cost?
Preparation of print-ready files and printer-upload fee: £100
The cost of printing your book is then 70p plus 1.1p per page
Example printing cost for a book of 100 pages
Preparation and Upload fee: £100
Unit print cost: £1.8 per copy (100 pages at 1.1p per page plus 70p for the cover)
Delivery is charged at cost price
Note that subsequent orders can be placed for additional books but there is an admin fee of £10 per order
Add an image to the front cover – supplied by the Author: £15
Add back cover Blurb – supplied by the Author: £15
Optional Professional services
Layout and typesetting of interior: £175
Full cover design and layout: £175
Proof reading: £8 per 1000 words
Copy-editing: £8 per 1000 words
Can I get Reader’s Copies if my book is in colour or large format?
Yes – but we would need to work out a special price for you.
How do I get started?
Just contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or use the Contact form from the Menu