We will try to answer any questions you may have about the publishing process and the costs.
Our aim is to make publishing an enjoyable experience with a friendly adviser on hand to help whenever you need it.
We can do the whole job for you or you can pick and mix from our services.
All of the costs are explained and agreed in advance so there are no surprises.
You can use this form to work out how much it will cost to get your book ready.
We would be happy to hear from you to discuss your book and and explain the process in detail.
|Number of words:||How complex is your book?|
|Project Management:||£150||Structural Review:||£0|
|Consistency check:||£25||Copy Editing:||£0|
|Edit Cover text:||£25||Proof Reading:||£0|
|Design and Layout|
|Cover Design and layout:||£225||Conversion to eBook:||£0|
|Design and Layout of interior:||£200||Candidate wordlist for index:||£0|
|Print-ready files check:||free||Layout of index:||£0|
|Supply ISBN and Barcode:||free||Register ISBN with Nielsen:||£20|
|Printer upload fee:||£35||Publish on Amazon:||£0|
|Bound-Proof copy:||£25||Publish on Kindle:||£0|
|Please get in touch to discuss your book||Total Cost||£695|
Publishing is a complex business and we treat every book as a separate project.
We explain all of the stages at the outset and we manage the project schedule for you. This will include all of the expert services you have requested for editorial, design, printing, distribution and collection of royalties, keeping in close contact with you throughout the process.
You will be allocated a project-sheet on the YouCaxton website so that you can monitor progress and ensure that all stages are properly completed.
If you would like to see an example of a Project-Sheet...
go to My project on the menu and enter... Username: Sample
Password : welcome.
EditorialFollowing the initial free editorial review, we offer four levels of editing as well as proof-reading. You choose which, if any, are appropriate in your case:
1. Edit of sample pages and short report (£30)We edit a few pages to highlight editorial issues to the author who can then look for similar problems throughout the text. This will reduce the amount of further copy-editing if that is also required.
2. Broad structural editing and criticism (£5 per thousand words)
The structural reviewer will address the following main areas and produce a short report for the author...
3. Copy editing (£10 per thousand words)A copy-editor takes a close look at your text, line by line, with an eye to grammatical errors, repetition, inconsistency and lack of clarity. The copy editor will make changes to the text, with suggestions for rewriting, grammar, and punctuation. When you receive the edited version, you have the final choice about accepting of rejecting the individual changes.
4. Proof Reading (£8 per thousand words)Proof reading is a final line-by-line check that the book is ready for publication. Proof readers will make small corrections for punctuation, grammar and spelling they will not make significant changes to the text.
A proof reader will identify any significant issues and add comments to the text so that you can make those corrections yourself.
If you have decided to complete this stage of the process yourself, we will send a detailed check-list to help you.
We ask you to try and ensure that the book is completely ready before we start the layout.
Once the layout has started, we expect you to make a small number of amendments but if there are a significant number, we may need to charge for the extra time it takes to change the layout.
5. Consistency ScanIf you decide your book doesn’t need a full proof reading, we offer an electronic scan to search for common errors and inconsistencies.
This looks at issues such as inconsistent spelling and inconsistencies of hyphenation and capitalisation.
6. Cover textThe quality of the text on the cover is very important as it indicates the quality of the writing in the book.
The title, sub-title and back-cover blurb are all important elements and we work with you to make sure that these are as effective as possible.